Caretaker Part Time
Location Communityworks, Undercliffe Lane, Bradford BD3 0DW
Accountable to Communityworks CEO
Hours 10 hours per week (shifts Mon – Fri, 8am – 10am)
To be responsible for the general maintenance and security of our building and small external grounds; cleaning; presentation of rooms for users; repairs and maintenance, plus health & safety obligations to ensure a safe environment.
Principal roles and responsibilities
- To maintain and promote a clean, tidy, safe, hygienic and welcoming environment that is Covid-secure.
- To clean the building as required by sharing the cleaning schedule along with our cleaner and covering all cleaning responsibilities in the absence of the cleaner (this would be with additional hours).
- To ensure that furniture (and possibly equipment) is set out as required for the hall.
- To maintain the external grounds and perimeter of the site in a safe and tidy condition.
- To carry out regular, (in some cases daily) risk assessments throughout the building and external grounds as instructed by the CEO.
- To report any repairs or maintenance issues to the CEO; or resolve them if possible with consultation where necessary.
- To carry out certain repairs and modifications to the fabric of the building and external grounds.
- To carry out all regular checks as required to conform with health and safety legislation; reporting any concerns to the CEO immediately.
- To carry out regular checks on fire safety equipment and carry out periodic fire drills as instructed by the CEO.
- To ensure that trade waste is ready for collection, and locked up after.
- To maintain adequate stocks of cleaning materials
- To receive, check and store very occasional deliveries to the site.
- To work occasional additional hours by negotiation, if required.
- To observe all organisational policies of CW, including Equality & Diversity, Health and Safety, Child Protection and Confidentiality including GDPR.
- To participate in training activities and other learning opportunities to improve skills and knowledge in the performance of duties.
- To receive regular line management supervision and assessment of work performance against agreed goals and indicators.
- To undertake additional duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility, as agreed with the line manager.
Pay and conditions
Salary: NJC Scales 5-8: £9.85 - £10.45 per hour (national pay uplift pending)
Holidays: 5 weeks per annum (pro rata) + 8 public holidays
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Because of the nature of the work, this post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (exceptions) Order 1975. Applicants for the post are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provisions of the Act. In the event of employment any failure to disclose such convictions may result in disciplinary action or dismissal. Any information given will be completely confidential and will be considered only in relation to an application for a position to which the order applies