Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint a: Training & Comms Co-ordinator (Bradford)
The overall aim is to
• To build, develop and deliver a training programme that meets the contractual obligations of Yorkshire MESMAC and that generates income.
• To take the lead in developing and delivering Yorkshire MESMAC’s Communication Plans.
The principle objectives of the post are:
• The plan is for this post to generate (either through grants or paid attendees) 25-35% of its costs in year one and 65-75% in year 2. By the beginning of year 3 we expect the post to be self-sufficient and contributing to Yorkshire MESMAC’s services
Tasks and responsibilities
This is not the full list – please refer to the application pack which contains more information
1. To work with local and specialist Yorkshire MESMAC staff and external stakeholders to identify training needs.
2. To develop an annual training programme for Yorkshire MESMAC.
3. Lead on the design, development and production of training materials, documents and manuals to ensure consistency and quality of content and delivery.
4. To develop and maintain monitoring and evaluating systems for all training delivered by Yorkshire MESMAC.
5. Work with the Senior Management Team to identify opportunities for partnerships and strategic alliances.
6. To write funding bids, in conjunction with other staff to support the growth of Yorkshire MESMAC training programmes.
7. To ensure that all Yorkshire MESMAC training programmes are effectively marketed.
8. To be the first point of contact for all media enquires
9. To assist in the writing of press releases and content for publications/website etc.
10. To maintain a database of relevant media contacts.
11. To take the lead on producing Yorkshire MESMAC’s annual report
12. Act as an ambassador for and represent Yorkshire MESMAC at external functions, giving talks and presentations to inform and inspire stakeholders.
Salary: NJC Scale SO1/2 (29-31) starting at £25,951 for 37 hours per week for a 18 month fixed term contract (this may be extended if the post is successful – see principle objective) + 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period) – salary is reviewed annually.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies
Closing date is: Noon on Friday 12th January 2018
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews for the post will be held on Tuesday 23rd January 2018
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).