Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint the following: 2 x Community Development Workers – Queer Stories Project
The overall aim is:
• To research, collect and preserve untold LGBTQ+ social histories
• To encourage a range of audiences to appreciate and learn more about the LGBTQ+ heritage of West Yorkshire.
The primary objectives are:
• To use Community Development methods to ensure the involvement of LGBTQ+ people in all aspects of the project including those from marginalised communities.
• To recruit, train and support contributors and volunteers to collect Oral History Testimonies and historical objects from LGBTQ+ people across West Yorkshire.
• To work with others to discover and preserve LGBTQ+ heritage and provide content for inclusion in the Resource Pack, the film and the timeline.
• To moderate contributions from visitors and create new materials for the website and social media channels.
• To work with others to develop, plan and deliver training courses, workshops, talks, events and activities.
• To co-ordinate one of the Core Curatorial Projects and to contribute to the curatorial discussions and research involving volunteers, colleagues, partners and the public.
• To support and help co-ordinate the work of the filmmaker, students on placement, other partners and the work of the media artist and volunteers in the production of digistories.
• To support the wellbeing and learning of everyone participating in the project including volunteers, contributors and audiences and to ensure that high ethical standards are maintained.
Salary: NJC scale 6 (points 26- 28) starting at £23,398 per annum for 37 hours per week for a fixed term contract until April 2020 + 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). Salary is reviewed annually. The base for this job will be in our West Yorkshire offices (Leeds, Bradford & Wakefield).
Further information on this role such as background information, a full job description and person specification can be found in our application pack.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website: http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies
Closing date is: Noon on Monday 26th February 2018
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will be on the 8th March 2018.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).