Salary: £200 per work placement (2 days)
Location: Yorkshire, Greater London, Surrey, Bucks & Berks, West Midlands, Manchester and Lancashire.
Role Length: 2 days per work placement.
Dates: Various dates between June & August 2018.
Role Type: Non-residential, non-manager.
You will run two-day workshops in storytelling and creative media, and/or social enterprise (development, marketing & pitching) and startup skills with groups of up to 84 young people (15-17 year olds), supported by their Team Mentors. You'll also support team visits to local community organisations & charities - including nurseries, care homes and respite centers - encouraging the young people to use their new skills to communicate with their communities.
This role is suitable for a confident and creative facilitator with the ability to learn and adapt a set curriculum for a diverse young audience.
- Run workshops for up to 84 young people in a range of the following: social enterprise and startups, innovation, creative & visual storytelling, social media.
- Adapt a set curriculum to suit a large audience with a wide range of needs.
- Use basic equipment and new technology, such as point-and-shoot cameras, smart phone apps and free editing software in innovative ways to teach digital storytelling and/or enterprise.
- Build a positive rapport with the Senior Mentors, and work collaboratively to ensure all young people are engaged and included.
- Accompany teams on visits to local organisations and charities, encouraging young people to use their new skills to communicate with local communities.
- Extensive experience in facilitation with large groups and following a set curriculum
- Experience of working with young people (preferably large groups)
- Experience of adapting curriculums/set materials to be inclusive of the needs of all young people
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and build strong professional relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to be adaptable and flexible at short notice
- A flexible approach to work & the ability to adapt working style to different environments and teams
- Background knowledge in either or both: social enterprise and startups or digital and creative
- storytelling (we will train you further in the NCS curriculum)
- Experience of working with diverse community groups