Salary: £30,000 pro rata
Location: Yorkshire, Greater London, Surrey, Bucks & Berks, West Midlands, Manchester and Lancashire.
Role Length: 4 - 5 months.
Dates: June - September.
Role Type: Core staff, manager, office-based.
The NCS Programme Manager is responsible for managing the operational delivery of our National Citizen Service (NCS) programmes for young people. You will manage and develop a team of logistical and pastoral staff, providing leadership & coaching as appropriate. You will be expected to ensure high quality and safe programme delivery, with the ability to respond quickly & effectively to critical incidents and emergencies. This role is perfect for motivated individuals with experience of line managing teams and youth engagement.
- Provide effective leadership for the delivery & quality of the NCS programmes, building a strong team which is well bonded and clearly directed.
- Support, develop and directly manage a team of Programme Associate Managers,
- Assistant Programme Managers and Administrators, ensuring they have clear personal development plans & objectives.
- Indirectly support and manage a range of pastoral support staff working on the NCS programme (including leaders, mentors, support staff and facilitators).
- Support Associate Managers in the management of their programmes, advising on, and where appropriate making, decisions on behavioural, safeguarding & staff management issues.
- Ensure that your programmes are fully risk assessed on an on-going basis.
- Develop high quality community partnerships with a range of local charities & social enterprises.
- Provide logistical direction & management as required on areas including transport, venues and residential accommodation, ensuring that these are delivered within budget.
- Provide out-of-hours on-call cover as part of a rota through delivery periods.
Youth Work experience:
- Extensive experience of working with groups of young people (14-19) in residential, educational or outdoor settings
- Experience of managing youth programmes
- Track record of dealing effectively with serious incidents and managing safeguarding effectively under pressure
Project management & logistics:
- Experience in successfully managing & delivering large scale and complex projects on time, including managing large budgets
- Proven track record of leading & motivating large teams of people in challenging environments (e.g.) residential youth programmes or outdoor education)
- Experience of coaching & developing effective teams in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Community engagement & relationship management:
- Proven track record of successfully working with diverse community groups
- Experience of working in community management & advocating change in society
- Establishing & maintaining effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
Qualifications & experience:
- A strong academic record or equivalent relevant experience
- Strikingly positive attitude, integrity & resilience
- Flexible & responsive approach to work to meet emerging needs of the organisation