Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint a: User Skills & Participation Development Worker – Bradford (21 hrs)
The overall aim is to
• To improve sexual health of populations most at risk of HIV and poor sexual health across Bradford through voluntary action.
• To increase employability skills and independence in users of Bradford services.
The primary objectives of the post are:
• To inspire, develop and deliver voluntary action across the Bradford District in particular;
o Social media and online outreach
o Group co-facilitation and support
o Community based STI and contraception testing outreach
o Outreach to health promotion events
o Positive speakers and positive peer mentors
• To ensure that Yorkshire MESMAC Bradford services have in place the systems and infra-structure to support people to become volunteers including recruitment, training, personal development, supervision, reward and recognition.
• To develop and deliver a training programme for people from target populations enabling them to become community leaders, facilitating their own groups and delivering self directed voluntary action.
Tasks and responsibilities
This is not the full list – please refer to the application pack which contains more information
1. To work with other members of staff and volunteers to identify and develop appropriate volunteering and voluntary action opportunities within Bradford services
2. To work with partner organisations to support community groups who experience public health inequalities.
3. To recruit and train teams of volunteers to meet the needs of the organisation and its service users.
4. To identify, train, co-ordinate and supervise a team of ‘Positive Speakers and positive peer mentors’ and ‘Social media and online outreach Volunteers’ recruited from the service users.
5. To facilitate the establishment and maintenance of groups/forums that allow volunteers and community leaders to reflect on common concerns and take action to meet these.
6. To work with other staff members identifying areas of public health inequality to develop, deliver and support to independence community groups meeting these needs.
7. To take the lead and be responsible for the production of regular reports on voluntary action within The Bradford Services.
Salary: NJC Scale 26 - 28 starting at £23,398 pro rata for 21 hours per week for a fixed term contract until May 2020 (with the possibility of a further 2 year extension) + 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period) – salary is reviewed annually.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies
Closing date is: Noon on Monday 15th January 2018
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews for the post will be held on Thursday 25th January 2018
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).