Home from Hospital Co-ordinators will work with hospital discharge teams in BRI and the Community Hospitals to ensure that all people who are living alone are supported when they go home. This will involve meeting clients in hospital and working with and through teams of volunteers who will visit the clients in their own homes.
• Establishes contact and assesses the client when referred from the hospital, wherever possible meeting the client in hospital before discharge
• Appropriately matches volunteer with referred client following procedures and guidelines ensuring that each arrangement is set up within acknowledged boundaries for the client and the volunteer
• Working with volunteers ensures that clients return home is safe
• Effectively manages clients case managing more complex needs clients, ensuring effective liaison with other agencies
• Regularly monitors and reviews volunteers and with other Co-ordinators continues to improve the service. Keeping service manager informed of specific issues or concerns
• Participates/ assists in facilitating volunteer training where required.
• Ensuring that all processes and procedures are adhered to in the delivery of the service keeping up to date confidential accurate records (electronic and paper) conducting risk assessments on volunteers and clients referred to the scheme
• Assists the Service Manager with monitoring and evaluation of the service and individual case loads. And the scheme as a whole to ensure the progress and success of the scheme can be continually demonstrated.